Thursday, February 17, 2011

Where I'm From...

I am from summer days,
Playing in the pool, listening to Jimmy Buffett.
From the Mongolia tree outside my window,
That blooms white flowers with the come of spring.
From the game of fetch with my old dog Tucker,
That never ended until he passed.
From peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch,
To BBQ-ed chicken and fresh corn on the cob dinners.
From people passing joyfully on the bike trail behind our house,
To dogs barking through the dead of night.
From yearly family vacations full of sunblock and swimming,
To the lasting memories I will not soon forget.
This is where I am from.

2 comments:

  1. I forgot how wonderful my childhood family vacations were. When my girls became teens and didn't want to spend time with us. Then we took a vaca to Florida this past November, both girls, our son-in-law, our grandson, and we enjoyed sharing the experience so much, that we're planning another big one. Where did your family go for vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We usually go somewhere tropical. My parents are both avid scuba divers so any place we go they like to scuba dive. We have been to Mexico a few times, the Cayman Islands, and the Virgin Islands. Although recently my parents bought a place down in the Florida Keys so now we have been going down there any chance we get.

    ReplyDelete